Shilajit is a natural organic-mineral complex consisting of more than 80 components.
Biochemical structure of Shilajit Altai: essential and nonessential amino acids (glutamic acid, glycine, histidine, phenylalanine, methionine, threonine, tryptophan, isoleucine, lysine, arginine, valine, aspartic acid, etc.), monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids (oleic, linoleic, linolenic, etc.), phospholipids, organic acids (benzoic, succinic, citric, oxalic, lichen, tartaric, and etc.), essential oils, resins, resinous substances, steroids, alkaloids, enzymes, chlorophyll, tannins, carotenoids (provitamin A), flavonoids (including rutin (vitamin E), vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, C, E, and about 60 macro- and microelements (potassium, magnesium, calcium, sodium, phosphorus, manganese, iron, zinc, copper, sulfur, silicon, selenium, chromium, silver, cobalt, nickel, aluminum, etc.). In mineral structure of Shilajit Altai the leading positions are taken by potassium, calcium, magnesium and manganese.
Treatment and preventive action with Shilajit
Possessing unique biochemical structure and a wide range of useful properties (immunomodulatory, regenerative, wound-healing, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, antiseptic, anticoagulant, detoxification, diuretic, antispasmodic, etc.) Shilajit Altai is used in traditional medicine around the world for more than 3000 years.
Shilajit Altai enhances the stability of an organism to the negative impact of environmental factors (such as influence of the ionizing radiation, humidity and atmospheric pressure, adverse climatic and environmental conditions, exposure to infectious agents, toxins, carcinogens and other harmful substances).
Besides, a characteristic feature of Shilajit Altai is expressed regenerative and wound-healing effect. Chlorophyll, zinc, chromium, glycine amino acids leucine and arginine, as well as stimulating the natural collagen vitamins C and E, rutin, sulfur, zinc, copper, silicon, flavonoids and carotenoids (vitamin A precursor) promote improvement of reparative processes, accelerate granulation and epithelialization of injured skin, stimulate the regeneration of the mucous membranes, cartilage and bone.
However, Shilajit Altai has antibacterial action caused by high concentration in its composition organic acids, tannins, sulfur and silver. Shilajit Altai has bactericidal effect concerning a wide range of pathogenic microorganisms. Shilajit Altai is very effective in fight against golden staphylococcus, streptococcus pyogenes, colibacilli, some kinds of enterococci, and also against causative agents of typhus, dysentery and diphtheria.
Shilajit Altai has a tonic effect, improves metabolic processes (protein, carbohydrate, fat, water and salt and mineral exchanges), a beneficial effect on the hormonal and immune status of the body.
Shilajit Altai is recommended for use as a part of comprehensive prevention and complex treatment:
- Diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system (osteoporosis, osteomyelitis, arthritis (including rheumatoid arthritis), arthritis, osteoarthritis, osteochondrosis, deforming spondyloarthrosis, myositis, bursitis, periarthritis, tendinitis, fractures, sprains, bruises, sprains ligaments, etc.). Shilajit Altai is a well-known traditional remedy to accelerate the merging of bones at fractures. Shilajit Altai improves blood supply of muscles, backbone and joints, has the anti-inflammatory effect, reduces recovery time. Clinically proven that the use of Shilajit Altai reduces bone fracture healing time by 10 to 14 days.
- Dermatological diseases and skin injuries (burns, cuts, psoriasis, eczema, acne, seborrhea, fungal infections, herpes, abrasions, eczema, atopic dermatitis, trophic ulcers, decubitus ulcers, etc.). Shilajit Altai has antiseptic, wound-healing and anti-inflammatory effect, accelerates the processes of granulation and epithelialization of injured skin.
- Diseases of the digestive system (liver, gallbladder and biliary tract infections (cholecystitis, viral hepatitis, steatosis, cirrhosis, cholelithiasis), diseases of the pancreas (pancreatitis), stomach diseases (chronic gastritis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer), bowel disease (dysbacteriosis, enteritis, colitis, ulcerative colitis), and constipation, dysentery and various dyspeptic disorders (heartburn, belching, bloating, nausea).
- Diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system (meningitis, poliomyelitis, polyneuropathy, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, encephalopathy, neuralgia, neuritis, epilepsy, paralysis, etc.). Due to phospholipids, polyunsaturated fatty acids and amino acids (tryptophan, glycine, glutamic acid, valine, etc.) Shilajit Altai improves cerebral circulation. Glycine – the amino acid contained in Shilajit Altai – reduces excitability of nervous system, and tryptophan has sedative effect, prevents the development of depression and is also responsible for strong and healthy sleep and good mood.
- Diseases of the spleen, blood disorders (iron deficiency anemia, and others.). Shilajit Altai helps to improve the rheological properties of blood. Shilajit Altai regulates the content of leukocytes in the blood, helping to improve their numbers with leukopenia and reducing their number with leukocytosis. Shilajit Altai also contains substances that activate the natural production of the hemoglobin (such Shilajit Altai components as iron, manganese, copper, sulfur, cobalt, nickel, zinc, silicon, chromium, flavonoids, vitamin C, vitamin B, vitamin E).
- Diseases of the urinary system (cystitis, cholecystitis, pyelonephritis, urethritis, urolithiasis, kidney tuberculosis, nephrosis, etc.).
- Diseases of the male urogenital system (erectile dysfunction (impotence), varicocele, oligospermia, gipoaspermiya, prostate adenoma, prostatitis, male infertility, etc.), Diseases of the female reproductive organs (mastitis, breast, cervical erosion, coleitis, endometriosis, endomyometritis, salpingo (adnexitis), cervicitis, vulvitis, vulvovaginitis, female infertility, etc.). The regular use of Shilajit Altai brings substantial benefit in reducing sexual desire, various sexual disorders. Shilajit Altai contains zinc, vitamin E, manganese, selenium and steroids that enhance potency and libido. Shilajit Altai has beneficial effect on hormones, improves the functional state of the central and peripheral nervous systems.
- Diseases of teeth and oral cavity (periodontal disease, periodontitis, stomatitis, gingivitis, pulpitis, periodontitis, tooth decay, etc.).
- Respiratory diseases and upper respiratory diseases (asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, pulmonary tuberculosis, acute respiratory viral infections, otitis media, sinusitis, rhinitis, laryngitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis (acute tonsillitis), chronic tonsillitis, etc.) Shilajit Altai has a bactericidal, anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic action. Shilajit Altai enhances the secretion of the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract, improves the drainage function of bronchi. Shilajit Altai stimulates the regeneration of diseased mucous membranes of the respiratory system, reduces swelling, enhances specific and nonspecific immunity.
- Diseases of the visual apparatus (cataract, glaucoma, blepharitis, conjunctivitis, diabetic retinopathy, etc.).
The regular use of Shilajit Altai is also recommended in following cases:
- As a part of a comprehensive program to strengthen immunity.
- As a part of a comprehensive program of cleansing the body from all sorts of harmful substances (toxins, heavy metals, etc.).
- In the complex treatment of radiation sickness.
- As a part of a comprehensive prevention of SARS and influenza.
- The rehabilitation period after previous surgeries or serious and long-term illnesses (including the period of recovery after a heart attack).
- Prolonged stress, physical, mental and psycho-emotional stress.
- For people who live in ecologically unfavorable areas or working in adverse climatic conditions, work in mountainous areas or busy at the underwater or underground work.
Cosmetic properties of Shilajit Altai is perfectly suitable for care of the problem, mature, sensitive and withering skin.
Shilajit Altai improves the color and tone of the skin, nourishes the skin with necessary vitamins and minerals, stimulates the regeneration of cells in the epidermis, prevents premature skin aging and the appearance of wrinkles and age spots, improves its barrier function (the peeling and bleaching impact on skin is made by the organic acids which are contained in Shilajit Altai. Contained in Shilajit Altai vitamins C and E, rutin, amino acid lysine, carotenoids, flavonoids, zinc, sulfur, copper and silicon stimulate the natural production of collagen, that is “responsible” for the elasticity and firmness of the skin. Antioxidant components of Shilajit Altai (magnesium, manganese, selenium, silicon, copper, chromium, zinc, vitamins C and E, carotenoids, tannins, organic acids) prevent from early skin aging.